Monday, July 19, 2010

Navisworks 2011 Addin file

Ugh! More then a month since I last posted, and that was from my BB while at Dev Camp.

Dev Camp was fun, too bad I've not really got back into programming. :-(

However, one thing that was further clarified for me was AddIn files and lo and behold, I need to make one!

We're in the midst of prepping for full rollout of ADSK 2011 BIM products here, which includes Navisworks. I manually installed Navis, and noticed that it modified my Revit INI in order to load the export plug-in! Well that was just annoying, modifying the ini is a pain, especially with packaged deployments, the new manifest files are much friendlier to packaged deployment of software, rather then having to make sure an INI file is properly modified. So, I wrote my own!

If you feel like using an Addin file to integrate Navisworks into your 2011 installations, just copy the code below into a text file (I recommend Notepad) and save the file as a *.addin file. Place the new file in your addins directory, remove the nasty code from your ini, and presto, you'll be all set!


<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<RevitAddIns>
<AddIn Type="Command">
<Text>Export to Navisworks 2011</Text>
<Description>Exports an NWC file from Revit for Navisworks</Description>
<Assembly>C:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Navisworks\2011\nwexportrevit2011\nwexportrevit2011_8.dll</Assembly>
<FullClassName>NavisWorks8.LcRevitExportCommand</FullClassName>
<ClientId>AB6AC86F-532E-439C-B3D4-D34F660CDD54</ClientId>
<VisibilityMode>NotVisibleInFamily</VisibilityMode>
<LongDescription>
<p>Use this command to export an NWC (Navisworks Cache file) file of your Revit model. NWC files can be opened in Navisworks and saved as NWD files.</p>
</LongDescription>
</AddIn>
</RevitAddIns>

No comments: